Costa Ivone, LLC is a law firm dedicated to helping injured people. Our experienced personal injury lawyers are dedicated to representing people throughout the state of Illinois and helping them obtain the compensation they deserve for their injuries.
Our law firm specializes in many different fields of law and can provide you with a team of lawyers and staff that are highly qualified, with high ethical standards, along with a strong desire to fight for justice for each and every client.
Victims often face substantial medical costs and sometimes have to cope with long-term or permanent disability. You may have been injured in an accident on the road or at work, harmed by medical negligence, or suffered medical complications after using an unsafe drug or product. When you trust us to handle your case, we will keep you informed about how your case is progressing at every stage, and we will investigate all of the issues involved in order to protect your rights and help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
Our mission is to:
- Treat every client with care and respect, protect their rights, and guide them in their pursuit of justice.
- Maintain a strong and undeniable vision for success and leadership within the firm.
- Commit to meeting the needs of all our clients.
- Involve people of like minds who have similar interests, beliefs, ethics, and opinions, who also have a strong belief in our clients and our mission.
At Costa Ivone, LLC, we want to help you to interpret the difficult to understand laws, which are confusing to many people. Laws are constantly evolving or being added. However, at our firm, attorneys focus on a particular field of law and are always current with the laws in that field. This contributes to our high level of success.
What should be simple may end up being one of the greatest challenges in your life. Someone else’s negligence caused you to suffer an injury and it should be that person who pays for your injury. Unfortunately, your recovery is not automatic and personal injury cases are often complicated. But you don’t have to fight alone. We can help you get a fair recovery.
The attorneys at Costa Ivone in Melrose Park can help people hurt in personal injury accidents. We provide individual attention that every client deserves. We will answer all of your questions, we will advise you about your legal options, and we will work tirelessly to get you the just recovery allowed by Illinois law while you work on your physical recovery.
We can help you with:
- Car accidents
- Trucking accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Semi-truck accidents
- Boating accidents
- Bus & train accidents
- Workers’ compensation for workplace injuries; repetitive strain injuries, traumas
- Premises liability (Break-ins)
- Defamation; libel and slander
- Animal attacks
- Slip and fall cases
- Dangerous/defective products
- Dram shop
- Occupational diseases
- Workplace deaths
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse
- Assault, battery, and other intentional torts
- Sexual abuse
- Medication errors
- Malnutrition & dehydration
Many personal injury cases are filed per year. Victims often wonder if they should file a case. This is probably the most important question that we hear from potential clients. Our goal is to make things better for you after you suffer a personal injury. At our first meeting, we will talk about what happened to you and about how Illinois personal injury law applies to your case. We will answer all of your questions, and we will ask some of our own, so that we can advise you about your legal options and help you decide whether you should file a personal injury claim.
Our Melrose Park, Illinois personal injury law professionals will ensure that you get the right compensation. Instead of accepting the financial burden of your injury, you also have the right to pursue a fair settlement or to take your case to court if someone else’s negligence caused your injury. If you choose either of these options, then our experienced personal injury lawyers can be there to guide you every step of the way. You won’t have to wonder whether you are making the right decisions because our legal team will explain everything to you and work hard on your behalf.
We take care of the tedious and time-consuming tasks, like filing of paperwork, maintaining communication with insurance companies, and sometimes, court cases. It is stressful to recuperate from injuries while you take on the legal system. Legal advice from a qualified lawyer is your best route to fair compensation. It’s not enough to know whether you should file a personal injury case; you also need to know the potential outcome of your case. You need to know what you may be able to recover in damages so that you can make an educated decision about whether you want to take action. In Illinois, you may be able to recover the following types of damages if you’ve been hurt by someone else’s negligence:
- Medical costs
- Out-of-pocket costs
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages
This includes the damages that you’ve already suffered, the costs you are currently incurring, and any expenses that might come up in the future as a result of your accident or injury.
You may get a settlement offer soon after the accident. Most victims would rather skip the stress and inconvenience that comes with trial. In cases like this, it is important to seek advice and possibly employ the services of a personal injury lawyer that is highly skilled to fight for just compensation for you. First of all, to decide if someone has been negligent of you, consider that the courts will normally decide based upon the following criteria:
- Did the defendant have a duty to provide you safety?
- Did the defendant fail to provide a safe environment to you?
- Did the failure actually cause your accident?
If you have been hurt because of someone’s negligence, then you may be able to recover damages for your injuries. Before you can recover damages, you need to know what kind of compensation you may be able to recover and how to protect your rights.
It is important to understand how a case works and important tips for protecting your recovery so that you can get the damages that you deserve. For example, you should know:
- If you have the right to pursue damages and who is responsible to pay for those costs.
- How to report your accident.
- What property insurance is and how it may apply to your case. A property owner’s personal insurance or business insurance may cover the costs of your fall injury.
- How to deal with insurance adjusters. Insurance adjusters want to pay you as little as possible so that they can maximize profits for the insurance companies. Accordingly, it is important to be cautious when negotiating with insurance adjusters.
- How to collect and protect evidence after an injury. It is important to get the information as soon as possible and to share it with your attorney.
- How long you have to file a lawsuit.
- If you can still collect damages if you were partly at fault for your own injury.
- How slip and fall settlements work. Settlements are binding and allow you to recover damages outside of court, but first you must negotiate a fair deal.
A skilled negligence lawyer can help you differentiate between the actual and legal causation in your case. They can use this to prove the particular damage caused by the defendant. We have highly experienced Melrose Park based attorneys at Costa Ivone, LLC, who can assist you with your case. We offer legal assistance to help you build your negligence case and get you the appropriate compensation you deserve.
You should also know more about the benefits of working with an experienced accident attorney. An attorney can help you understand how all the factors described above apply to your specific case and make sure that all of your rights are protected.
Everything will be handled by the lawyer in charge of your negligence case. The lawyer will take care of the gathering of valuable evidence that can strengthen your case as well as the analyzing of this information to build a strong negligence case. As soon as a lawyer is able to proof negligence, negotiations will proceed particularly if there is need for additional damages and the negligent party is in a hurry to conclude the procedure. No matter how carefully you drive, chances are that you will be involved in a car accident at some time in your life. Whether the accident is caused by someone not paying attention, a fatigued commercial truck driver, or a mechanical vehicle malfunction, you need to know your rights. At Costa Ivone, we know how to investigate the circumstances of an accident and pursue compensation for your injuries, expenses, and suffering.
To recover damages following an accident, Illinois uses modified comparative negligence. This law states that an injured person may be able to recover damages if he or she is less than 50 percent at fault. The amount recovered can be reduced in proportion to the amount of fault of each party in the car accident.
In an accident both parties may have made a mistake. In this case, a judge may find one person in the automobile accident 65% at fault, and the other driver 35% at fault. The driver less at fault would likely be able to collect damages, as their percentage of the blame is less than 50%. However, he or she may only be awarded 65% of the cost of damages and medical costs by the other driver’s insurance company.
Before you can decide whether or not to pursue an accident case, you need to know more about your potential recovery. If you are successful during settlement negotiations or at trial then you may be able to recover money for your past, current and future:
- Medical Expenses
- Out-of-Pocket Costs
- Lost Income
- Pain and Suffering
Together, these car accident damages can have a significant impact on your recovery and on your future. We know how emotionally and physically stressful life can be after a car accident occurs, and we will do everything possible to help you regain your peace of mind.
We have lawyers who are skilled in negligence law in the Melrose Park area. We can assist you to achieve the best result in your negligence case. Our experienced workers’ compensation lawyers work hard to get you, and anyone hurt in a workplace accident, a fair recovery for the injuries or loss that you’ve suffered. That recovery starts with accurate information about what workers’ compensation covers and how to protect the recovery that you deserve.
Have you been questioning whether it is necessary to hire an attorney? As you work on your physical and financial recoveries, it is important to think about the following tips:
- An experienced workers’ compensation lawyer knows how the specific provisions of the law apply to your case.
- You should always get emergency medical care, if needed.
- Insurance adjusters want you to go back to work as soon as possible. It is important to know how to protect your rights and well-being and to know how to negotiate with the insurance company.
- Avoid common mistakes. If you fail to follow all applicable aspects of the Illinois workers’ compensation laws then you may make a mistake that interferes with your fair recovery.
- You should not return to work before you have medical clearance to do so or before you are physically ready to do so.
It is also very important to contact an experienced Illinois workers’ compensation lawyer. Rather than fight this battle yourself, let us help you with your financial recovery while you focus on your physical recovery. Our attorneys know how to negotiate with insurance companies and are dedicated to protecting the individual rights of all personal injury victims. We are conveniently located in Melrose Park, and we would be pleased to provide you with a free and confidential consultation.
Our lawyers here at Costa Ivone, LLC, have the knowledge and substantial working experience to navigate the workers’ compensation laws of Illinois with you. We have a team skilled in the regional Worker’s Compensation Appeals Board. Your case will be heard at the Appeals board, if it proceeds to trial and we will lead you through this process.
Our lawyers here at Costa Ivone, LLC, have comprehensive knowledge as well as substantial working experience with nearby Romeoville, Illinois worker’s compensation law. We have a team skilled in the regional Worker’s Compensation Appeals Board. Your case will be heard at the Appeals board, if it proceeds to trial. Our expert lawyers will help you handle the complicated procedure of filing a claim.
You can concentrate on your recovery and allow our team of experts to handle everything. At the end of the procedure, we’ll ensure that you’re paid the entire benefits that accrued while you were incapacitated. A fair recovery in a workers’ compensation claim may include compensation for:
- Medical expenses: Your employer or your employer’s insurer is required to pay for your reasonable and necessary medical expenses.
- Disability benefits for lost income: You may be able to recover up to 80 percent of your spendable earnings.
- Other expenses: This could include miscellaneous costs such as to mileage to and from medical appointments, vocational training, and death benefits if your loved one died from the work-related injury or illness.
Our experienced workers’ compensation lawyers will help you recover the compensation that you deserve.
Costa Ivone, LLC takes pride in their aggressive, but honest approach to serving clients. In Melrose Park, you won’t find a stronger advocate for you, following an injury. You can put your trust in our knowledge and professionalism as we represent you.